Welcome to today’s Concept2 Workout of the Day (WOD). Each day we offer a workout to help you stay on track with your training.
All of these workouts are suitable for either your RowErg, SkiErg or BikeErg. They offer a variety of workout formats that range in duration from 20 - 45 minutes.
Your workout for October 01, 2022
6 x 2 min / 1 min easy
Row six 2 minute pieces. Row for one minute at light pressure between each piece.
The Workout of the Day is now available in ErgData and can be set up on the monitor with a single tap. See the ErgData page for more information.
See what other members of the Concept2 community have done for today's workout.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
Prepare and recover: Warm-up, cool-down, and stretch every time you train. Remember that workouts of greater intensity require a longer warm-up.
Let technology help: Download our free app, ErgData to help program the workout easily into your monitor as well as record your effort so you can track your progress. Note: Concept2 worked with the American Council of the Blind (ACB) on ErgData to help ensure accessibility to people who are blind or have low vision.
About intensity: These workouts are designed to work for a wide range of ability and experience, so they do not specify a certain pace, power, or heart rate zone.
- Hard: Intense work that still allows you to finish the workout.
- Sustainable: A pace that can be maintained comfortably for the entire workout. Intensity where you are able to carry on a conversation.
- Light pressure or easy paddling, poling or pedalling: Rest phase. Don’t stop! Continue very slowly and easily.
Remember: You are always welcome to adjust the intensity to meet your needs!
Damper Setting: Unless otherwise noted:
- Indoor Rower: 3-5 provides the best aerobic workout. More on damper.
- SkiErg: 1-3, then adjust (as desired) to match different ski and snow conditions.
- BikeErg: Use a damper setting that allows you to maintain the cadence (rpm) suggested.
Cadence/Stroke Rate: Generally, a higher cadence/stroke rate is used on shorter workouts. Lower cadence/stroke rates are for longer workouts. Unless otherwise noted:
- Indoor Rower: 22-30 strokes per minute (spm).
- SkiErg: 35-45 pulls per minute (spm).
- BikeErg: 60-100 revolutions per minute (rpm).